Thursday 20 June 2013

Day1: The one with a poet

It was 2nd April when I entered the god’s own campus for the first time. That was s D DAY.  I was scared. After all it was a GD/PI. With all those fears and scarcity in mind sat for the GD PI and after a loooong process finally the process ended..

Yes, You guessed right. Am talking about the Mecca of Supply Chain Management, National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai. But the day when I converted was one of my happiest days of my life. The journey started in July 2012 and finally I got my dream college.
SO it was 11th of June when I came here for the second time. But not as an aspirants but as a student. It was feeling awsum. Then hostel allocations, shifting to your own room, cleaning your room. It was hectic as well as interesting to me as it’s the first time am living in a hostel.
 First few days was really good as there were no academic sessions. Seniors kept us busy all day long in different activities like case studies, guestimates, amazing race etc.
Okk enough of marketing of NITIE. Now lets go into the academic part. Well I was a bit tensed what its gonna be in my first B School class and all. But all those tensions, pressures just flew away when I met Dr. Mandi in my first class. As soon as he entered the class he threw some Balls(actually globe made of rubber) and gave us the liberty to play all along. Well it was an approach to make us stressed free and comfortable in the class.
Can we even expect that in our dreams that the first class of my MBA is going to be sooo joy full and charming. Yes, Prof.Mandi made it happen for us.
He took 2 classes on the very first day of our academic session. The first class constituted of those fun and little bit funda on the subject that he is going to taught us i.e Principles of Organisation Management.
Then in the next class he bought 2 printed copies of the lyrics of the song “Another brick in The Wall”.The famous song by Pink Floyd.



He played the song in his mobile and made us sung with the beats. The environment he created in the class was magnificent. I had never come across such an awsum class room in my life ever before.
It really feels very good when you are attending a lecture in on of the best B-Schools in India and the prof is making and trying to make you feel comfortable at every point of time.
The purpose of study can only be fulfilled when you are reading it comfortable, with joy. Then only you will realize the FUNDAS of the subject. A pressure can only help you to top in the exam but can never help you to utilize every single lesion taught in your real life. You will be termed as a GOOD MANAGER only when you can use your fundas in real life scenario.Else the knowledge is of no use. This is what was taught in our very first class.

The main funda of management is
Socho.. Becho !  Becho.. Seekho ! !   Seekho .. Socho ! ! !





 

No comments:

Post a Comment